UTILITY PARTNERS IS LOOKING FOR A
NIGHT SHIFT WATER TREATMENT PLANT OPERATOR
Utility Partners operates, maintains, and repairs water and wastewater treatment plants, distribution equipment and other water utilities for municipal customers. It currently employs over 350 employees for the operation of forty-four (44) utilities in eleven (11) US states, mainly on the US Gulf coast, Southeast, New England and the West Coast.
Utility Partners is seeking qualified individuals to operate the water treatment facility in Canton, GA. Applicants must possess a minimum of a class III license or the ability to botain a class III with maintenance experience being preferred. Competitive pay and bonus potential.
Under direct supervision of the Plant Manager, this position accomplishes a variety of duties related to the daily operation of wastewater and water treatment (collection, treatment and distribution). Ability to work alone, with minimal supervision is a must.
- Monitors operations to ensure proper treatment of drinking water supply to meet local, State and Federal regulations; makes adjustments to treatment processes and chemicals as necessary to ensure proper water quality; maintains log books, daily plant data and other operational records
- Operates the water treatment plant facilities including preliminary, primary and tertiary units, disinfection equipment including pumps, valves, motors, chemical feed systems, and related equipment.
- Collects water samples and tests for quality of raw, partially treated and treated water samples using a variety of laboratory instruments; adjusts water treatment process based on test results.
- Inspects plant and related equipment for proper functioning; troubleshoots, diagnoses and corrects control system and equipment malfunctions.
- Collect sample and perform analysis of samples that pertain to stream and collection system monitoring.
- Observes safe work practices and ensures that company safety practices and procedures are followed.
- Performs plant related duties as assigned by the Plant Manager to include plant upkeep, preventative and corrective maintenance, etc.
- Shift work position 12 hr. shift 4 days a week on a rotating schedule. Additional shifts paid at overtime rate may be required to allow for other operators training classes and vacation.
- High School diploma is required, one to two years’ experience in wastewater treatment facility operation and maintenance
- Georgia Water Treatment Plant Operator’s License Class 3 (minimum) or the ability to obtain a Class 3 Georgia Water License through the operator’s exam or reciprocity a must.
- A valid Georgia Class C motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Have working knowledge of the principles, procedures, methods, equipment, materials, and tools employed in the operation’ and maintenance of water treatment systems.
- Thorough knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions involved in water treatment work.
- Knowledge of computer applications.
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply instructions, drawings and specifications for work assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Utility Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted