UTILITY PARTNERS IS LOOKING FOR A
Utility Partners, LLC provides state government, industrial, and municipal clients with innovative and cost-effective solutions for utility system management. From our roots in the southeast, Utility Partners has grown to establish regional offices in four states across the country, manages in excess of thirty public-private partner from one coast to another, and serves our clients with a staff of nearly 360 professionals. Our services include operations, maintenance, and management of public works, water, wastewater, and utility billing systems.
Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Mechanic will be required to operate and maintain the mechanic shop and perform routine and corrective maintenance on vehicles and equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes ;
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components ;
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems ;
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs ;
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs ;
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options ;
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt ;
- Other duties assigned.
- Mechanical experience will be considered as an asset ;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills ;
- Knowledge of operating characteristics of assigned equipment ;
- Considerable knowledge of work hazards and safety precautions ;
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instruction, including Utility Partners’ department rules, policies, and regulations ;
- Ability to communicate effectively with other personnel and supervisors ;
- Ability to deal with public and city officials on a regular basis in a professional, courteous manner ;
- Ability to complete and submit written reports as needed.
Overall compensation includes:
- Health insurance will be available to the employee on the 1st of the month following 60 days of continuous employment.
The following insurance products will be available to the employee:
- Health insurance;
- Health savings account (HSA);
- Voluntary dental insurance;
- Voluntary vision insurance;
- Voluntary short-term and long-term disability insurance;
- Voluntary employee, spouse and children life insurance.
- Employees are eligible to participate in the 401k plan after completing 3 months of employment. The company also contributes to the employee 401K.
- 10 sick days per year that employees can carry-over without limit.
- Employees who contribute to the 401K may also participate in the Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Paid vacation time
- Reimbursement of $125 for the purchase of safety boots.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Utility Partners is an equal opportunity employer. Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
1 While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb stairs or ladders, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee may regularly lift 10-25 pounds and may occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to distinguish color, close vision and distance vision. The employee must be able to operate electric motors fueled by gasoline, diesel, or gaseous fuels, paint, and other hand tools required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is routinely exposed to a variety of outside weather conditions, including very hot temperatures as well as snow and ice. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.